Sunday, January 9, 2011

Soulmate


009/365: Soulmate

Is it possible Mr. Lovable is already in my life? Right in front of me or maybe you’re in disguise.

I have this nodding grandpa figurine since 2007`s Christmas party. I got this as an award together with my friend,Justin for the Soulmates category when we`re in 4th year high school. Yup, we`re voted as soulmates, haha! I can still remember how kilig I get those days. *u* And I can still remember how I believed that we really are soulmates.

I have grandpa with me and he has grandma with him. We used to call them lolo and lola though. (This prize is actually my idea, eh. I`m the class president, I have the power, (lol) and since I already know the results, I picked the nicest prize for us. :-) We only have a 10-peso budget for every award but since I find this really cute and since I know I`ll be the one getting it, I made an exception, I bought lolo and lola for 20 pesos each. Haha!)

Yeah, nodding figurines of cute old people, which I assumed and made them look like a couple as a prize. I have that idea eh, that soulmates, forever… until we grow old, loving each other forever. I actually believed he`s my soulmate, `cos back that time, he`s that guy, that guy I think I have given my heart for. But as time passes by, the two of us are growing apart. The closeness we have, well we had, can be found nowhere. We barely see each other. We haven`t made a good conversation for ages which I think is funny `cos back in high school, we can talk about anything, like anything at all. No dead-airs. But now, it all has changed. And seriously, I don`t even have his contact number.

And now I have realized, I can`t set things to happen on my own. Things change. But I still haven`t learned. Like last year, I have set my mind and I believed I found the one I`m going to marry. I really felt like he`s the one for me. Yeah, just like what I felt towards Justin, just make it triple. I was like so sure I could die but then again, I was wrong. He can be the guy I would love to marry, yes - but I should have not looked at it the way. I should have not set things for myself the way I wanted it to happen `cos most of the time, I`ll only get sad and disappointed. Haha!

And now, Lolo is a sweet reminder of those days. Those days in which I can now say, I have loved (I think?) and learned. Lolo is displayed in my room ever since I got him, except the days I lost my hope in love (funny but true,) I keep him inside the cabinet instead.

I may not get to notice him everyday but seriously, Lolo has always been special to me. He`ll still be a reminder of my soulmate, my real soulmate who is yet to come, and I wonder who that possibly is. But if I were to choose, I want him to be someone I know for so long. Like someone who`s been there for me as I have also been there for him, but the two of us still doesn`t know. Not just yet. I think that would be really sweet.

Oh well. To my soulmate, wherever you are… don`t worry I`m not rushing nor waiting. But I just want to let you know that I am so excited to know who you really are. :-)

Another fact: Justin and I also won the love team of the year award, together with Paolo and Giannina. We have a couple heart necklace as prizes. Yup, half of the heart`s with him, the other half is with me. I still can remember how we put each other`s necklace. So awww. <3

PS Justin`s grandma got broke when we`re in first year college but he still has it whole, thanks to the glue. :-) I don`t know if it`s still displayed in their living room but I think it`s not there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment